I made cheesecake in my Instant Pot recently and had a few pieces left over. Gasp! Leftover cheesecake, how is that possible? I myself am shocked, but after I saw it in the fridge today, I pulled it out and spread some of this tasty cheesecake onto a cookie and had an epiphany! Why not make a sweet cheese ball instead of a savory one? A fall cheesecake ball!
This cheesecake ball is a great party treat for those of us who want to taste a little of every dessert at a party.
This ball was made from a maple pumpkin cheesecake I made from another blog. You can find all of the ingredients and directions to make the cheesecake on the blog post I linked to above. No need to make the glaze that goes with the cheesecake, unless you’re going to eat half of the cheesecake, as normal cheesecake like we did. If you’re making the cheesecake just to use for a cheesecake ball, you can make the recipe above without the crust and skip step 3 below.
Pumpkin Maple Cheesecake Ball
Makes 1 cheese ball or 2 cheese balls if you use an entire 7′ cheesecake.
- 1/2 pumpkin maple cheesecake
- 1/2 bag of ginger snaps
- 1/2 sleeve of graham crackers
1. Pull your cheesecake out of the fridge to soften for 10-15 minutes or make a maple pumpkin cheesecake without a crust and let it cool over night.
2. Crush up 4 ginger snaps, graham cracker, or finely chopped nuts in a sandwich bag. You may even consider just sprinkling cinnamon on the ball instead of the coating it with cookies or nuts.
3. Cut the crust off of the bottom of your cheesecake or make your cheesecake without the crust.
4. Using your half of your 7″ cheesecake, roll the cheesecake into a large ball with your hands.
5. Spread your crushed ginger snaps, graham crackers, nuts etc on a small plate and roll the cheesecake ball around until it is completely covered.
6. Put your cheese ball into the middle of a plate and place cookies and crackers around it.
I think colored vanilla wafers would give the plate more color, but I didn’t have any of those on hand so this plate is a little monochromatic, but boy was this pumpkin maple cheesecake ball delicious!
Anyone else have other colorful cookies they think would look good around this sweet cheese ball?