Cost per serving: 42¢
Yield: 8-10 servings
Cost per batch: $4.63
I love thai food and lettuce wraps! The crunch of the lettuce with the flavorful meat makes me drool just thinking about it! But did you know you can make them using cabbage, ground turkey, and just two sauces?
These wraps are great if you are trying to eat more veggies and don’t have a lot of time. You just brown up ground turkey, make brown rice or use left-over brown rice, and then put the meat and rice into a cabbage leaf and then pour on your sauce of choice (or mix the sauce into the ground turkey beforehand). I made two different kinds using the two sauces shown below.
I cooked my brown rice with a little chicken boullion. Want to add more veggies? Throw a diced carrot in with with your brown rice as it’s cooking for more flavor and veggies!
Easy Ground Turkey Cabbage Wraps:
- 1 head of green cabbage
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1/2 cube chicken buollion (optional, but yummy!)
- 1 package of ground turkey
- salt and pepper to taste
- Barbeque sauce and/or Thai red chile sauce
- 1/4 C green onions (optional)
- pineapple (optional)
- Cook brown rice with a 1/2 cube of bullion for every 1 C of brown rice and 2-3 cups of water (water amounts vary depending on how you are cooking your rice). Cook until soft.
- Now brown your ground turkey and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add Thai sauce or barbeque sauce to as much of your ground turkey as you want or just allow people to add their own sauce as desired when serving the wraps.
- Gently pull the leaves from your head of cabbage and stack onto a plate or cut the leaves in half for smaller wraps that are easier for kids to eat.
- Stuff each leaf with meat, rice, green onions, and pineapple if desired.