It’s time for some fall flavor and since I don’t have access to an oven I wanted to experiment with making cornbread in my Instant Pot, but not just any cornbread, pumpkin cornbread. But I am living in a hotel, so I didn’t especially want to invest in more spices which I would wastefully not be able to finish before the end of our stay, so pumkin pie filling came to my rescue. I picked it up by mistake, thinking it was just pumkin, but I’m so glad I did! This filling has all the pumpkin pie seasonings already mixed in making this recipe simpler than ever!
Four Ingredient Instant Pot Pumpkin Cornbread Recipe:
1 package Jiffy Cornbread Mix
1/3 C almond or cow’s milk
1/2 C + 2 T Pumpkin Pie Filling
- Combine ingredients listed above
- Mix well
- Pour into greased 7″ cheesecake pan
- Make a tin foil sling like the one shown below. This sling makes it easy to pull your cornbread from the pot after it’s done
- Put your metal trivet into the steel inner pot
- Pour in 1 cup of water and use your sling to lower your cornbread into the pot and onto your metal trivet
- Leave the sling in the pot and fold it down to ensure it won’t get in the way of your seal when you close the lid.
- Close the lid and turn the pressure release handle (on the top of your pot) to “sealing“
- Press the “Manual” button on front of the Instant Pot
- Adjust the cook time using the +/- buttons on the front and set it to 15 minutes
It takes aproximately 10 minutes to pressurize, then your 15 minute cook time will begin. The Instant Pot will beep when the cook time is complete.
- Allow the cake to rest in the pot for 10 minutes while the steam slowly escapes. This is called a Natural Pressure Release (NPR).
- After 10 minutes, do a quick pressure release (QPR) by switching the presssure release valve to venting, letting the steam pour out until the grey float valve drops, letting you know the lid is safe to open
I based this recipe on two great recipes I found online. Check them out: